We are invited to join in a day of Prayer & Fasting with our Alliance Denomination, for the Ebola Virus Outbreak in West Africa, and for our International Workers who are being pulled out of the areas, saying goodbye to friends and those they minister to.
Feel free to talk with people at church about this on Sunday. We are asked to join in with this on Monday, Oct 27. You can participate on your own, or gather some people together to pray!
Here are instructions from the Alliance about how to participate:
"Thank you for your faithful and fervent prayers for our International Workers and for the country of Guinea. God is answering prayers in miraculous ways. In the midst of difficult and challenging times, He is at work. The Guinean Church is reaching out, people are choosing to follow Christ, and his name is being uplifted!
Our workers are being contacted on a daily basis. Amidst the complexities of the African context, arrangements and logistics are coming together well for the team’s departure within the next days to another place outside of the Ebola-infected area. Please pray for C&MA workers as they say goodbye to good friends and ministries that hold their hearts.
Thank you for your prayers and support. The Guinea team requests that you join together with them and their colleagues as they call for a day of prayer and fasting on Monday, October 27.
Below are some requests to help guide your prayer:
- Pray that God will work a miracle in the three countries most affected by Ebola: Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea
- Pray that the virus will be contained, miraculously eradicated, and that God will receive the glory
- Pray that many people will choose Jesus in the midst of this crisis
- Pray that the strategic withdrawal by our International Workers will be done in a way that would keep doors open to continued relationships in the future, from a distance or face-to-face, whenever God will make that possible
Prayerfully for his glory,"
Vice-President, Global Ministries
The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada
- See more at: http://www.cmacan.org/news_items#sthash.OPNU9ny7.dpuf